ABCs of Business Writing
Ever judged a book by its cover?
What we write is seen as a reflection of who we are, and the organisation we represent.
What image does your organisation project?
Are you concerned about the quality of your business communications?
By the end of the workshop, participants will understand:
- The importance of targeting the audience appropriately
- The basic principles of good writing
- How to communicate more effectively in writing
Anyone who communicates in writing… In other words, everyone!
For everyone who needs to write letters (and emails), communicate effectively and look professional
- Who is my audience?
- What is my key message?
- How should I ‘say what I mean’, so I ‘mean what I say’?
- What is the appropriate structure?
- Planning/mind-mapping, drafting and writing – the 80/20 rule.
- Have I covered everything?
- How to eliminate the ‘fog’.
- Edit and proofread for excellence and results.
Length: One full day
Format: Interactive workshop
Optimum number of participants/facilitator: 18