Employment Law for Line Managers
- Legislative Principles – Good Faith, Mutual Trust and Confidence, Concept of a Relationship, Freedom of Association, right to act collectively, right to work.
- Definitions – Good Faith, Employer, Union, Workplace, Consultation, ER Problem, Strikes/Lockouts, Mediation, Statutory Vs Implied.
- Form and Content of Collective and Individual Agreements
- Objects of the Acts: ERA, Holidays, Privacy, HASE, Equal Pay
- Institutions & Roles – Mediation Service, Employment Relations Authority, Employment Court
- Employee Status – Casual, part-time, full-time, fixed term.
- Employee Vs Independent Contractor – how to tell the difference
- Key Concepts in collective bargaining – Bargaining Arrangement, Coverage, Variation, Ratification
- Bargaining Process
- Good Faith in Collective Bargaining
- Employment Time-line – from job creation to voluntary retirement, typical pot-holes
- Disciplinary, Warnings Process & Instant Dismissal
- The 6 types of Personal Grievance
- Substance & Procedure
- The PG Process
Length: A one-day intensive workshop.