- Introduction & Objectives
- What is Assessment?
- NZQA and standards-based assessment explained
- Unit Standards explained & an example examined
- What is Evidence?
- Putting together a plan for assessment
- Preparing Candidates for assessment
- Keeping it Simple
- What skills do you need to assess others?
- Carrying out an assessment – the actual process
- Deciding for Validity, Consistency, Authenticity and Sufficiency
- Constructive Feedback, and how to give it
- Practical exercise
- Moderation – the basics
- Briefing for own assignment
Length: 2 full days
Format: Interactive workshop, in-house & customised, or public course
Optimum number of participants/facilitator: 12